THE MAIN AIM OF THE ITEC LEVEL 4 CERTIFICATE IN NUTRITION FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IS TO ENABLE STUDENTS TO GAIN THE PRACTICAL AND THEORETICAL SKILLS NECESSARY TO PROVIDE NUTRITIONAL ADVICE FOR ACTIVE LEISURE, RECREATION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
This includes the ability to explain the meaning of key nutritional terms. In relation to physical activity levels and other relevant factors, to identify energy expenditure for different physical activities and to evaluate the nutritional requirements and hydration needs of clients engaged in physical activity.
Once Students have achieved the ITEC Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent awards at Level 3 (Instructor level), for example:
· Level 3 Diploma in Pilates Teaching
· Level 3 Diploma in Yoga Teaching
· Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
There are no previous academic requirements.
· Nutritional goal setting
· Identifying the calorific values of nutrition
· Calculating macro nutrients
· Calculating dietary needs specific to sport
· Calculating macro nutrients for Cutting weight/bulking
· Understanding nationally recommended practice in relation to providing nutritional advice
· Interpreting food labelling information
· Calculating metabolic rates
AWARD: L3 in Nutrition for Physical Activity
START DATE: 23rd January
DURATION: 6 weeks
TIME: 7pm – 10pm
WANT TO GET
We look forward to seeing you at training where your journey begins. Need any more info? Get a brochure.
085 888 6414 | email@example.com
DUBLIN. DUNDALK. OFFALY.